Top 5 Sunblocks to End Your Summer Protected
Just because summer is almost over, doesn’t mean that the concern of protecting your skin from the sun is over. It’s nowhere near over, actually. Sure, your skin is more exposed in the warmer months. But, you should always protect your skin from harmful rays throughout the year.
So, it’s never too late to ensure you use the best product for your skin type and concerns.
Now, which product is best for you? In this article we will look at the top 5 sunblocks and what benefits each of them bring.
The first to discuss is the Jan Marini Antioxidant Daily Face Protectant, which has an SPF of 33 and is a broad-spectrum product that protects from both UVA AND UVB rays. It’s a weightless sunscreen that hydrates and goes on invisibly.
Packed with antioxidants to help defend and neutralize free radicals and pollutants, this non-greasy formulation is suitable for daily use. It absorbs quickly which makes it easy to apply on its own, or under makeup.
Available in a 2 oz. tube, priced at $57. You could also save by getting on an auto-replenish plan for $53.58
- Avobenzone 1%: Provides broad-spectrum UVA protection
- Octinoxate 7.5%: Adds to the overall sun protection factor (SPF)
- Octisalate 5%: Protects the skin against UVB rays
- Oxybenzone 6%: Helps to prevent UVA radiation from damaging the skin and provides broad-spectrum protection
- Phytomelanin: A plant-derived compound replicates the protective pigment found in human skin
- Beta Glucan 1, 3: Soothes and hydrates the skin
- Hyaluronic Acid: Adds moisturize to the skin and maintains its moisture barrier
- Oil Capture System: Helps to mattify the skin
Customer Reviews Average: 5-star
Customer Comment: “This is the lightest, most comfortable sunscreen I have ever found for daily use. It’s soft like a good moisturizer, absorbs completely, and is light to the touch.”
Revision’s Intellishade Original is a multiple-purpose treatment. It’s a broad-spectrum (SPF 45), tinted moisturizer with anti-aging elements. This sunscreen was created not only to protect, but also conceal, correct, hydrate, and even brighten the skin.
This sheer mineral tint will protect your skin from the sun's harmful UVA and UVB rays while also fighting aging, adding moisture, and reducing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. It also evens out your skin tone and reduces redness.
A 1.7 oz costs $84, with auto-plenish $67.20, and is perfect for daily use on all skin types.
- A blend of Three Peptides: Lessens fine lines and wrinkles.
- THD Ascorbate (Vitamin C): The most potent form of Vitamin C for brightening skin tone.
- A blend of White Birch Extract, Yeast Extract, Plankton Extract, and Coenzyme Q10: Enhances overall skin health.
- Octinoxate & Octisalate. Provide: Provides UVB protection.
- Zinc Oxide and Titanium Dioxide: Provides UVA and UVB protection.
Customer Reviews Average: 5-star
Customer Comment: “I love this tinted spf because it’s more than just a tinted spf, it has great ingredients making it actually good for your skin, anti aging, moisturizing. Goes on so smooth and light”
The Obagi Sun Shield has an impressive SPF of 50 and helps to shield off harmful UVA and UVB rays that tend to prematurely age the skin. It’s an effective broad-spectrum product that combines both physical and chemical protection.
It was developed with oil-balancing ingredients which allows a matte appearance after you apply it, which will cut down on unnecessary shine. Obagi Sun Shield also is non-comedogenic, as well as both PABA-free and fragrance-free, making it suitable for all skin types for daily use.
More affordable than some, a 3 oz tube costs $54, or auto-replenish $37.80
- Homosalate 10% - a chemical component added to absorb UV rays
- Octisalate 5% - a chemical ingredient added to absorb UV rays
- Zinc Oxide 16.5% - a physical ingredient added to reflect UV rays
Customer Reviews Average: 5-star
Customer Comment: “love it! doesn’t leave any color behind. I put this on multiple times a day and it never is greasy.”
EltaMD UV Clear Broad-Spectrum SPF 46 was developed with 5% high-purity niacinamide (Vitamin B3), which helps with discoloration and diminish blemishes. In fact, studies have shown that as much as 82% of people who suffer from inflammatory acne noticed improvement after using a Vitamin B3 treatment after using it for several weeks.
This formula is ideal for acne-prone and sensitive skin, including people with rosacea. It is free of fragrance, oil, parabens, and is non-comedogenic. While this gentle formula goes on effortlessly, it provides great protection for all skin types without leaving a greasy residue.
EltaMD UV Clear Broad-Spectrum comes in a 1.7 container and sells for $41
- 9.0% Zinc Oxide
- 7.5% Octinoxate
Customer Reviews Average: 4.5-star
Customer Comment: “I love this sunscreen a lot, I’m acne prone and I haven’t broken out since using this every day. It also absorbs into the skin really nicely and doesn’t leave skin feeling too oily. It does make my skin a little pale but I don’t mind that.”
Neocutis Journee Firm Riche doesn’t just offer great protection from harmful UVA and UVB rays. It also protects, nourishes, and provides and maintains long-lasting hydration. This multi-purpose day cream is meant to be used daily to protect and improve the skin.
It infuses antioxidants and provides protection against daily environmental damage when it helps neutralize free radicals. Human Growth Factors (HGH) can also help to reduce the appearance of aging by firming loose skin, evening out skin tone, and softening fine lines and wrinkles. This can lead to a more youthful and healthy complexion.
This 1.7 oz container costs $216 but offers significant savings with auto-replenish at $151.20
- Human Growth Factors - added to help support natural skin function, and promote skin rejuvenation and repair.
- Octinoxate 7.5% and Zinc Oxide 7.3% - Contributes to broad-spectrum protection from both UVA and UVB rays.
- Sodium Hyaluronate - derived from hyaluronic acid, it penetrates deep into the skin and provides intense hydration, while helping skin retain moisture.
- Glycerin - a hydrating ingredient that acts as a humectant, providing long-lasting moisture for the skin.
- Vitamins C and E and Melanin - synergistic anti-oxidant care.
Customer Average Review: 4-star
Customer Comment: “I have used this product for several years. I think new formulation is great and noticeable, but maybe a little too much tint.”
In ConclusionIt will depend on your skin, concerns, and budget, but as you can see, you have a few great options for a high-quality sunblock for daily use. But, regardless of which one you choose, one of these will help protect your skin, perhaps even improve it as you use it consistently.